Raven Theatre seeks understudy submissions for the role of TOM in our upcoming production of Sundown, Yellow Moon by Rachel Bonds, Directed by Cody Estle.
Complete all necessary and reasonable preparation activities to successfully perform in this production as requested by the Director.
- Participate in at least two (2) rehearsals each week.
- Participate in at least two (2) technical and dress rehearsals.
- Participate in all understudy rehearsals scheduled following opening night. These rehearsals are usually on Sunday evening following the Sunday matinee performance.
- Be on call until thirty (30) minutes before curtain for each performance.
- Appear in all performances of the production as requested by the Producing Artistic Director.
- Attend at least two (2) preview performances.
- Attend at least one (1) regular performance each week.
- Be completely off-script by the first understudy rehearsal (first Sunday after opening).
- Observe all call times, instructions, and schedules for the production as provided by the Stage Manager.
Note: an understudy is not guaranteed to replace an actor performing a role in case this actor leaves the production.
TOM- mid/late 50's; brash, funny, leftist, opinionated, highly intelligent, Southern; a high school English teacher who loves his job; he loves his daughters openly; very proud, he hates to be pitied or questioned; he has strong convictions, is unafraid to voice them, and has a temper, he is wrestling with the consequences of this; he can be depressive, and lately this has manifested itself in anger; he is deeply kind beneath a sometimes gruff exterior; a lover of literature and music; must be able to sing and play guitar (can be a beginner with guitar).
Pay: $200 (1/2 paid at opening, ½ paid at closing) plus $20 per performance performed.
First Rehearsal: 8/26/2019
Design Run: 9/19/2019
Tech: 9/28/2019 - 10/2/2019
Previews: 10/3/2019 - 10/6/2019
Performances are Thu-Sat at 7:30pm and Sun at 3:00pm.