The Miracle Center provides a unique opportunity for Chicago teens. Unlike other educational/training programs where teen actors have to pay to participate, The Miracle Center partners with After School Matters and treats this as a professional opportunity. The teens who perform & work on the tech/crew teams in Willy Wonka will receive a stipend.
In order to audition, you must be a Chicago resident and a High School student.
Auditions for Cast
Interviews for Design/Tech team
Ages: 14-18 (Chicago High School Students)
2020 Audition/Interview Dates:
-Tuesday, January 21st: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
-Wednesday, January 22nd: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
-Thursday, January 23rd : 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
-Tuesday, January 28th: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
-Wednesday, January 29th: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Rehearsals run Feb. 11th - May 7th, 2020
(Tuesdays - Thursdays from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm)
Friday, May 1st @ 7:30 pm
Saturday, May 2nd @ 7:30 pm
Friday, May 8th @ 7:30 pm
Material To Prepare:
One 32 bar cut (about 1 minute, or a verse and chorus) of a musical theatre song
Please be prepared for the Dance Call after your audition.
Details for signing up for the After School Matters Spring 2020 program:
1. Go to afterschoolmatters.org/teens and click "APPLY" in the upper right-hand corner
2. Click the purple "APPLY NOW" arrow below the image
3. Click "Start a new SPRING application"
4. Fill out your personal information
5. When choosing a program in "What You Are Interested In", scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and choose Youth Theater Ensemble and/or Youth Dance Ensemble
6. Email TMCinstructors@gmail.com for an audition or interview slot once completed
7. For your audition or interview you must bring the following:
a. Social Security Number
b. Parent Consent Form (signed by your parent)
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email our Youth Theatre Instructors at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jose Sanchez, our program director, at 773-276-5933 ext.2.